share this on

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Blessings&Burdens

Well, let's put aside Internet addiction and focus on blessings, shall we?!
I have been blessed so much! I've met so many amazing people and made new friends! When you haven't seen your mom for four years and the rest of your family since you were 18 (I'm 24 now), you can get discouraged very easy! The voice of temptation says that you should take some time off and stop going to church.



People at church would not be able to understand how you feel nor have the ability to emphasize -- another trap. You are different! In fact, every single individual is. Imagine how boring the world would have been if we were all the same! How boring the world would have been; we probably would have killed one another! In spite of individual differences, people have ability to emphasize and sympathize. An they are the once who truly care for you.
In spite of all distractions, challenges and temptations -- I have been blessed so much! It has been almost a month since me and my roommate, who is also my friend, moved into our new place. And guess what -- we did not pay a single cent for the furniture! I'd found few things on a sidewalk. Other items had been provided by friends and coworkers. People from church also provided us with many spices, actually an entire spice rack, along with dishes and some books.
That's so amazing! Our needs are all have been taken care of. Sometimes not the way we would expect it to happen. Moreover, quite often God takes care of our needs even before we'll face them. The Lord provided enough funds for me to go to Ottawa when I had to change my passport. In fact, I have had so many blessings in the past little while that I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed. Many of those blessing have been material, other spiritual.
Quite often we overlook our blessings. Quite often we dismiss them as lucky coincidences. Then we are surprised why there is none! "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much." Luke 16:10.
A well-known hymn says, "Little is much when God is in it!" We shall never forget that! 
Unfortunately, life is not just blessings but also has many burdens. Quite often I wish that they all would be gone. Nevertheless, burdens are important in our spiritual growth. They build our character and develop: perseverance, long-suffering, patience, meekness, gentleness and kindness. Burdens are also important component of one's testimony. Others are watching how we deal with them; therefore others can see the light shining through us. Everyone have their own. "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it"1 Corinthians 10:13. If God put trial in your life, He trusts that you'll get through them. Moreover, God wants us to exit them victoriously. 
I haven't seen my family for over four years now (my mom); and others, for over six years. As for my friends, I have a great bunch of friends who are all over the world; some are here. I hate goodbyes, but I learned to handle them throughout the years of moving from pace to place. Our world, however, is a hi-tech: I am so thankful for instant messaging, chats, e-mails etc. Because they make distance shorter and staying in touch much easier.
My current job is good. It provides means to get by and to save some money for the future. I am thankful for the job. At times, it could be both -- a blessing and a burden. I now that I am doing this job for a reason.
At the end of the day the Lord is going to look at what we did with what we had. We all have gifts and talents  and it doesn't matter if it's little or much.
 

Even in a midst of desolation the life can bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment